11.07.2008

Sweet Dreams are Made of these: Anna Sui




In a recent find... I'm struggling to remember which online website I found this on and if you saw it please let me know so I can reference it- Plagiarism is the ENEMY!


I recently saw a section on different women who have made names for themselves through their passion and dedication to their craft. Anna Sui was one whose story touched me as I read it during a time when I was all over the place re: what I need to seek in life. Ms. Sui shared the following...


"In 1981 I had the idea of doing my own clothing line, but I didn't know how to go about it. I had some friends who made jewelry and were going to try to sell it at a trade show. I made five pieces of clothing and they asked me to share a booth with them. To my delight, I got orders from Macy's and Bloomingdale's (and was featured in an Ad in The N.Y. Times). This man who owned the company I worked for saw the Ad and said if I didn't stop, he would fire me. So I got fired"

No comments: