11.05.2008

Maureen's Fashionable Sweater

"I've had this sweater for about two years. I was living in Chile, teaching English, and the style down there really didn't resonate with me (that's the nicest way I can say it), so I found myself browsing (somewhat obsessively, I admit) online shopping sites. There was one guy I taught with who would come into my room between classes, and he ALWAYS caught me trolling Barneys.com...It was embarrassing. Anyways, what I did was have the clothes mailed to my parents, who visited me and brought them with them, or I just sent them to my house to wait for me until I got back. This is from Built by Wendy, a DELIGHTFUL designer whom I discovered one summer in Brooklyn. The best part is that there is always an extensive sale happening on the website. This sweater is perfect "business casual" without being dull. I wear it to work or out to a meal. Most of my wardrobe is ripped jeans and t-shirts or semi-formal to formal dresses, neither of which is appropriate for most activities, so this middle-of-the-road sweater gets a lot of use. One of my best friends and I (HI, ADRIAN!) are devout fans of Built by Wendy and I think of her whenever I wear it."

Thanks Maureen!

2 comments:

Keremel said...

I lived in Chile...I totally agree with your comment that their fashion trends are- different.

prom dresses said...

Thanks for sharing this with all of us. Every girl has her most beautiful moment in the life just when you wear your own prom dresses in your wedding.You can visit our site wholesale wedding dresses.cheap wedding dresses have good quality. You can find ball gown wedding dresses,mother of the bride dresses,mermaid wedding dresses,strapless wedding dresses,plus size wedding dresses,beach wedding dresses,bridesmaid dresses,cocktail dresses,evening dressesyour dream. Get your wedding dresses in our wedding dress shop.