11.05.2008

Maureen's Fashionable Sweater

"I've had this sweater for about two years. I was living in Chile, teaching English, and the style down there really didn't resonate with me (that's the nicest way I can say it), so I found myself browsing (somewhat obsessively, I admit) online shopping sites. There was one guy I taught with who would come into my room between classes, and he ALWAYS caught me trolling Barneys.com...It was embarrassing. Anyways, what I did was have the clothes mailed to my parents, who visited me and brought them with them, or I just sent them to my house to wait for me until I got back. This is from Built by Wendy, a DELIGHTFUL designer whom I discovered one summer in Brooklyn. The best part is that there is always an extensive sale happening on the website. This sweater is perfect "business casual" without being dull. I wear it to work or out to a meal. Most of my wardrobe is ripped jeans and t-shirts or semi-formal to formal dresses, neither of which is appropriate for most activities, so this middle-of-the-road sweater gets a lot of use. One of my best friends and I (HI, ADRIAN!) are devout fans of Built by Wendy and I think of her whenever I wear it."

Thanks Maureen!

1 comment:

Keremel said...

I lived in Chile...I totally agree with your comment that their fashion trends are- different.