12.10.2008

The Trunk Void

I share with you my pain and disgust on this cold winter evening in Los Angeles. As you may or may not know, I am a true New Yorker stuck in Los Angeles where I was actually born and raised. You ask then how could you possibly be a New Yorker? I say I'm a true New Yorker because my aura and 'tude are that of a woman living in brooklyn who frequents everything from fashion shows, late night movies, occassional dinners with friends and daily train rides to and fro her work and house. So it was to my ultimate disgust to find I had been invited to attend my very first true life TRUNK SHOW this Thursday. Extremely honored and excited to even be invited to such a thing... I just sat and stared out the window BECAUSE I wouldn't be able to make it due to me living allllll the way on the other side of the nation. But even though I wouldn't be able to attend the show... knowing that if I were just a few states over to the east.... I would have truly begun my journey to where I want to be. Don't fret...as Mia Anita has made a pact- with herself and I'm determined to attend at LEAST 1 trunk show in '09. Just wait and see :)


No comments: