11.13.2008

Can't piece together an outfit?
Plan Ahead


If you're anything like me, there are those days when your mind can't stop from creating outfits and innovative ways to wear the most common garment, and then, there are those days where your clothes sense seems to put you in a daze. You'll have 2 hours before an event and won't have the slightest clue what to wear when only a few days before you had endless creations in your mind but now, you can't remember.

For times like these I say plan ahead. While living with my friends this year my friend Kalyon, author of KlassyEdge used to laugh at me all the time because I was always planning my outfit, sometimes days before an event. Sometimes even weeks before an event. "You stay plannin' yo outfits, LOL" This is true and I've been doing it since middle school. I remember exactly why to. I went shopping with my grandma right before 6th grade and I had gotten all these clothes and I wanted to plan out my outfits for the next 3 weeks. So I sat and mixed and matched everything new thing I had gotten with all the stuff I had already. This was a big deal to me. Nonetheless, I was cool calm and collected for the next 3 weeks because I had everything laid out from my fit, shoes, accessories and even the way I was going to wear my hair.

So I say, just because we're out of school doesn't mean the lesson has to stop. Plan ahead, when you get ideas write them down and when that night comes where it seems like you have nothing to wear, just grab your clothes log and go from there. You can thank me later.

No comments: