11.27.2008

Mia Anita's Chanel Vintage Earrings

"My aunt actually gave me these earrings when I was in college. I didn't truly understand the importance OR significance of such a ridiculous piece of jewelry at the time but I surely know now! My aunt was always the type to have a chain Chanel bag and Chanel loafers (which she definitely has at least 5 chain bags to this date). I don't really wear these much because I'm too afraid to mess them up. These are definitely one of my rarest items to say the least which is why they rarely come out to play, especially in L.A. I just don't think it's worth it. However, wearing these no one can deny the "I'm official" status that they bring. It's almost like an instant... "whuuuuuuuutttttttt", well at least to me. They're classic enough but so rare and retro that I'm sure anyone would love to have them. These are for sure a gift of a lifetime and I'm very grateful for my aunt and her exquisite taste for passing them on to me. These are for sure for sure staying in the family... we'll just have to see when these will passed down and to whom."

Thanks Aunt Jes! :) (by the way Aunt Jes is a Capricorn)

No comments: